Temporary Business Signs FAQ

Where can I place a sign for my business in the U.S. 1 work area?

All signs, temporary or permanent, must be placed on private property, outside of PennDOT’s right-of-way.  All signs must have an approved permit from Bensalem Township and comply with township ordinances. Permit applications can be found at https://www.bensalempa.gov/applications.html and can be submitted by email to permitcenter@bensalempa.gov.

How do I know where PennDOT’s right-of-way line is located for this project?

The right-of-way line for the U.S. 1 work area may be marked with a line of stakes or painted on the surface beyond the edge of the existing roadway.  If you would like help determining the location of the right-of-way line, please Email us at info@us1bucks.com or use the contact form on this website and someone will contact you.

What is the Bensalem Township sign ordinance?

Subscribe to our email list to receive the latest project news and travel advisories for the U.S. 1 Bucks Improvement Project.